We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all
students, members and staff associated with us. To ensure the effective running of our business and to protect
all individuals connected with us, it is important that the following Code of Conduct is read, respected and adhered to at all times:
· Always consider the well-being and safety of students before the development of performance.
· Develop an appropriate working relationship with students, based on mutual trust and respect.
· Never abuse your authority or power as a teacher.
· Always work within the boundaries of your qualification.
· You must ensure you have valid insurance cover and a valid DBS Certificate (previously CRB).
· Ensure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of the students.
· Treat every student as an individual and set realistic goals and targets that are obtainable; unrealistic goal setting can have damaging effects on a
· Always promote the positive aspects of the sport – dancing should be fun for all, so provide plenty of encouragement and create a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
· Never punish or demean a child for losing or making mistakes, it is through mistakes that performers learn and develop as students.
· Display consistently high standards of behaviour, language and appearance.
· You must never be under the influence of alcohol while students are in your care. ( AADA will not condone the use of illegal substances)
· Ensure lessons are planned to be challenging, inclusion, creative and encouraging
· Ensure good punctuality
· Follow all guidelines laid down by AADA
· Do not exert undue pressure on performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
· Encourage participants to value their performances and progressions.
· Encourage students to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
· Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the Safeguarding and Protecting Children
· Make sure that confidential information is not divulged, unless with the express approval of the individual concerned.
· Dress appropriately for sessions
· Always remain upbeat and positive while teaching!
Breaching the Code of Conduct will lead to
disciplinary action and, in extreme cases, will result in loss of employment.